Beginning in June 2019, over the course of five weeks, more than 1,000 people participated in round one consultation activities, which included four public meetings, seven drop-in information sessions at Toronto Public Library branches, an online consultation and written submissions.
The following Consultation Feedback Report summarizes the public’s voice from all round one consultation activities and includes an appendices with detailed feedback.
- Public Consultation Feedback Report
- Appendix 1. Public Meeting Summaries
- Appendix 2. Online Consultation Summary
- Appendix 3. Written Submissions
- Appendix 4. Library Drop-In Feedback
- Raw Online Consultation Qualitative Feedback Submissions
We continue to welcome feedback through written submissions and the online consultation, which will remain open until Fall 2019.
We thank everyone who has participated in this critical conversation to date. Waterfront Toronto is listening and committed to building and protecting a waterfront valued by generations to come.
Round One Consultations on Sidewalk Labs’ draft MIDP
In July 2019, Waterfront Toronto initiated the first of two rounds of public consultations across Toronto to seek feedback on the MIDP. The first round of consultation focused on orienting the public to the 1,500+ page submission from Sidewalk Labs from the perspective of Waterfront Toronto—the public steward of waterfront revitalization working with all three levels of government.
Round one consultations consisted of 4 identical major public consultations, 7 information sessions at Toronto Public Libraries across the city, an online consultation and written submissions until July 31, 2019. Written submissions and the online consultation are still open until Fall 2019, but anything received after the round one deadline will not be included in the consultation summary Feedback Report.
The following are videos of the full public consultation that took place on Saturday, July 20, 2019:
- Quayside Public Consultation: Plenary Presentation
- Quayside Public Consultation Volume 1: The Plans
- Quayside Public Consultation Volume 2: Urban Innovations
- Quayside Public Consultation Volume 3: The Partnership
- Quayside Public Consultation: Digital Innovation and Digital Governance
- Quayside Public Consultation: Wrap Up
In addition, the following materials were available at each of the public consultations and information sessions:
- Note to Reader
- Waterfront Toronto’s Draft Digital Principles
- Quayside Public Consultation Discussion Guide
- Quayside Public Consultation Display Boards
- Quayside Public Consultation Feedback Forms
- Quayside Public Consultation Presentation Slides